[Geomoose-users] GeoMOOSE 2.0! New Website!

Dan Little danlittle at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 22 01:37:48 EDT 2009

Hello lists!

We are pleased to announce the release of GeoMOOSE 2.0! GeoMOOSE 2.0 is a completely new beast from GeoMOOSE 1.6.X.  The new version features quite a few improvements:

1. It is now based on OpenLayers.
2. Many, many, many, cleanups to service operations.
3. More documentation! We've worked hard to stay as far ahead of the documentation curve as we can.  Please check out the new website for the latest updates.
4. Support for upgrade paths.  Users who have been with us since 1.0 know that upgrades have usually been painful!  In the new development path, upgrades will be much easier -- NO MORE MASSIVE CONFIGURATION.JS CHANGES!

Other important GeoMOOSE related news:
1. We have now implemented Trac.  This will give more accountability to issue tracking with the GeoMOOSE project.  For now, only developers will be given access to trac.  To submit a ticket or suggest there is a problem or improvement, mail to the lists and you should get a ticket number back from a developer.  This may migrate to the sourceforge tracker or migrate to sourceforge trac when or if those services become available and more practical.

2. We are starting the development plans for 2.2, if you have a feature request now is the time to voice your opinion.  This is also an fantastic time to think about budgeting for a contribution to GeoMOOSE!

3. Releases are going to be put on a set schedule.  From now on we are going to have at least two yearly official releases in March and September.  GeoMOOSE 2.2 will be released in September and GeoMOOSE 2.4 will be tentatively released in March 2010.  Minor revision releases will be released as necessary (a 2.0.1 release for example).

Have fun everyone! Go MOOSE!

-Duck

Relevant Links:
* http://www.geomoose.org/moose/ - The new website.