[Geomoose-users] Tiled vs. non-tiled drawing issue

Len Kne lkne at houstoneng.com
Thu Jul 8 15:48:22 EDT 2010

It's a bug, http://www.geomoose.org/trac/ticket/22.

Len

-----Original Message-----
From: Johan Forsman [mailto:Johan.Forsman at LA.GOV]
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2010 2:38 PM
To: geomoose-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Geomoose-users] Tiled vs. non-tiled drawing issue

All:

I have discovered a peculiar behavior on my GM2.2 site. In short, if my mapbook is set for tiled layers, and the tiled layers are turned off, then any pan or zoom operation on non-tiled layers results in the image being drawn in the wrong location inside the viewport. The correct image is drawn, but not placed correctly.

To troubleshoot I temporarily set multiple="true" for the Background group in the catalog.

I have attached 4 screenshots to illustrate, numbered consecutively and named descriptively.

In this case I have a printable, non-tiled, basemap using data stored as EPSG:26915 in shapefiles, and non-printable, tiled, Google base imagery.

The printable data is reprojected by MapServer to EPSG:900913.
The mapbook and settings.ini are set for EPSG:900913.
As long as the tiled layers are turned on all operations work as expected.

In image 01 both tiled and non-tiled layers are on, and my point of reference is where I-10 crosses the Mississippi River in the upper left corner.
In image 02 I have turned off the tiled layer, grabbed the bridge and dragged it to the bottom right corner. Notice how the image has not moved at all.
In image 03 I have turned the tiled layer back on. Notice how the bridge in the tiled layer is where I dragged the non-tiled layer to.
In image 04 I have simply turned off the non-tiled layer, then turned it back on. I did not do anything else. Notice how the image is now drawn in the correct location.

Bug, feature, or user error? I generally presume the latter, but I visited another site that was mentioned on this list a few months ago, klamathdss.org, which also appears to use tiled and non-tiled layers, and brief testing suggests that it also exhibits this behavior.

What can I do to address this issue?

Thanks!
/Johan.

Johan Forsman
Geologist
Safe Drinking Water Program
Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals Office of Public Health
Telephone: 225.342.7309
Telefax: 225.342.7303