[Geomoose-users] Need help to link to image in php file

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Fri Jul 30 16:12:55 EDT 2010

Jim,

We did something similar here at the City, but used custom popups and an imagemap.  This is on version 0.99 of geomoose.  It's still going too and used regularly, see:  http://gis.ci.stpaul.mn.us/gis/gismo_public/html/  Zoom into a one or two block area until you can turn on the Address layer, which is controlled via a IMAGEMAP, then try activating the layer via the Visible layers tab, any of the layers in the visible layers tab with a blue background can be made active in the map (imagemap activation) by selecting their corresponding radio button in the Visible layers tab.

While I'm sure this is what you are looking for, it was a completely custom implementation with regard to the popups (which handle stacked points just fine BTW), this is something that never made it into later versions of GeoMoose, (I don't completely know why), and I'm afraid it's likely going to take some funding resources to (re)implement in the newer versions.  I do know that the OL integration required some rethinking of things in this regard related to popups (OL version vs non-OL versions)

I guess I'm not really helping with any of this other than to caution that the work was custom and not for the faint of heart.

bobb

>>> "Jim Dahl" <jim.dahl at mail.co.douglas.mn.us> wrote:

I believe it is! However, I am using GM 1.6.  I am not having luck trying to edit the php file.  I have up to 30 or more images per section and when I tried to stack 30 shape file points on top of each other the identify did not work.  What I want is to drive the image name by a field in the database, which is what this example must be doing.

jim