[Geomoose-users] Layer functions

Dan Little danlittle at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 8 20:56:05 EDT 2010

Some thoughts:
 - The "zoom tos" are really not all that hard to add and could be done with layer-controls.  Layer-controls are designed to provide extra "icons" next to each layer and have some type of useful functionality.
 - Export to Shapefile only works for specific datasets and security/customization is usually a concern with this type of functionality.
 - I tend to highly dislike right-click menus because they obscure functionality from users.
 - GeoExt is a bad idea:
   * Ext is another major dependencies.
   * The dual-license of Ext would require people putting GeoMOOSE in a production environment to pay the Ext license.