[Geomoose-users] GeoMoose: problem with MapFile

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Wed Jun 9 11:03:22 EDT 2010

   After you install firebug, start Firefox. There will be a little bug icon on
the left side of the bottom status bar.  Click the bug to start Firebug, then
click on Firebug's "Net" menu item, then click on the Net  down arrow and the
"Enabled" choice.  This tells Firebug to display all the traffic between the
browser and  the various servers it communicates with.

   Type your mapping site's url into the Firefox and watch the firebug window.
There will be a list of GET requests, and under the Domain column you'll see at
least one request to your server.  Click the "+" to see all the details of the
request, then click on the request's "Response" tab to see how your server
responded to the browser's request.  Likely there will be a mapserver error message.