[Geomoose-users] Layer functions

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Wed Jun 9 11:25:55 EDT 2010

All,

This seems like a reasonable approach for the Right CLick- menu, in other words, nothing can go into a Right-click menu that can't be displayed in some more obvious way as well.  Then if the implementor (or even the end user) wants to switch to "expert" mode, they have the option of doing so.

Comments/thoughts?

bobb

Dan Little wrote:

>  - I tend to highly dislike right-click menus because they obscure functionality from users.

I agree but as we add more layer-specific functionality, the Catalog is going to
get too crowded with icons.  Perhaps we could let the implementor choose which
way to expose the functiosn by added a couple of properties to the <layer>:
   <layer metadata_icon=true metadata_rightclick=true ...

(or hopefully a less verbose way)

>  - GeoExt is a bad idea:
>    * Ext is another major dependencies.
>    * The dual-license of Ext would require people putting GeoMOOSE in a production environment to pay the Ext license.

Ahh.  I thought there was a problem with GeoExt but I couldn't recall what ....