[Geomoose-users] Layer functions

Brian Fischer bfischer at houstoneng.com
Thu Jun 10 17:45:48 EDT 2010

This makes me ponder whether we could replicate something like a lot of ArcGIS Server and FLEX applications are going to for print tools.  Take a look at this application.  http://gis.anokacountymn.gov/geoprime.html   Click the "Print" button and you'll notice you can move the map around on the print preview window and enter a title right on it. Also has options for scale of map.  Not sure if this could be replicated with JavaScript or not.  I would guess a lot of it could be.

I would envision this could become another print service option.  This method would be entirely client side.  This type of print service is what I have been thinking we should try.  Now it's just a matter of finding some funding if enough users are interested.  What do users think about that type of print service?  The only limitation I can think of is generating high resolution maps.  If you want high resolution maps you would need to revert back to the server side print service (print.php).

Brian Fischer, CFM  GIS Project Manager
Houston Engineering, Inc.