[Geomoose-users] data link for download

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Mon Jun 14 10:40:49 EDT 2010

I had experimented with adding:

<service name="download"  display="true">
   <url>php/downloaddata.php</url>
     <step type="input">
       <input type="hidden" name="layer"/>
     </step>
</service>

and

<layer-controls>
   <layer-control name="download" service-name="download" layer-input="layer"
on="true" tip="Download data for %LAYER%"/>
</layer-controls>

but GeoMOOSE expects only a limited set of data types (XML, text, etc) to be
returned from the server.  We'd have to enhanced it to allow other actions
(based on the "Content-Disposition" header?) for the download to work.

For now the easiest solution is to use the metadata page approach as Len
suggested...