[Geomoose-users] Extension of GM/OpenLayers Google capabilities?

Johan Forsman Johan.Forsman at LA.GOV
Mon Jun 14 15:32:22 EDT 2010

All:

Please pardon the very loose thoughts here, not working with much and looking for some ideas.

I have client access to a state-owned enterprise version Google Earth server. We use a version of Google Earth Enterprise Client and provide individual user credentials to gain access to the base imagery and custom layers.

I thought it may be useful to have access to the base imagery from my GM2.2 installation also, as the aerials are high resolution (to about 6").

Provided I can even convince the server administrator to allow this type of access, has anyone on the list done something like this or can you guys think of a possible approach? Can the OpenLayers Google infrastructure be customized to enable this functionality?

Thoughts?

Thanks!
/Johan.

Johan Forsman
Geologist
Safe Drinking Water Program
Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals
Office of Public Health
Telephone: 225.342.7309
Telefax: 225.342.7303