[Geomoose-users] GeoMOOSE and PostGIS Help

Rubin Seifert rseifert at ci.faribault.mn.us
Fri Jun 25 15:22:18 EDT 2010

Hello Everyone,

I am having problems displaying postgis layers.  The postgis layer shows
up pink.  If I use the shapefile, the layer displays correctly.

So, I have searched through the mail list archives, mapserver
documentation, and postgis documentation with no luck.  I am thinking I
missed something simple.  I am using MS4W version 2.3.1 and GeoMoose
2.2.  I have been able to connect to the database and view the data
using QGIS.  So it has to be a mapserver problem right?

Here is the map file:

--

MAP ##

            NAME 'postgresql'

            STATUS ON

            UNITS METERS

            TRANSPARENT TRUE

            INCLUDE "../../geomoose_globals.map"

            LAYER

                        NAME "test"

                        CONNECTIONTYPE postgis

                        CONNECTION "host=localhost port=5432
dbname=geomoose user=gisadmin password=gis"

                        DATA "the_geom from test"

                        #DATA '../data/test.shp'

                        STATUS ON

                        TYPE line

                        CLASS

                           NAME 'PostGIS Test'

                          #STYLE

                                    # SYMBOL 'plainline'

                                    #SIZE 0.8

                                     COLOR 0 92 230

                         #END

                        END

            END # LAYER

END ## end Map

--

Any ideas are greatly appreciated, thanks.

Rubin

Rubin Seifert
GIS-CAD Tech.
City of Faribault