[Geomoose-users] Printing

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Tue Jun 29 11:33:02 EDT 2010

Dan (and others),

   While searching for TMS tiling information, I can across:
http://www.gdal.org/frmt_wms.html

and created a map file with a layer:

LAYER
     DATA "frmt_wms_openstreetmap_tms.xml"
     NAME "frmt_wms_openstreetmap_tms"
     PROJECTION
       "proj=merc" "a=6378137" "b=6378137" "lat_ts=0.0" "lon_0=0.0" "x_0=0.0"
"y_0=0" "k=1.0" "units=m" "nadgrids=@null" "no_defs"
     END
     STATUS ON
     TYPE RASTER
     UNITS METERS
END # LAYER

It works, but is much slower than delivering tiles to the browser, seems to be
flakey, and the image produced is poorer due to resampling (the annotation is
un-readable).

But it does "work" for printing (unless it times-out).

Brent