[Geomoose-users] Question about polygon queries

Sacha Black sacha.black at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 00:39:36 EST 2010

I have a soils layer and I can use Geomoose information tool to query
(by point or rectangle) a soil polygon or polygons to get the soil
types. I would like to find out if it is possible to draw an arbitrary
(non-rectangular) polygon and use that polygon to get a list of the
sail types, and the area of each type that falss inside my custom
polygon.

I know how to construct the queries I need to run in PostGIS, but what
I don't know how to do is how to draw & pass the custom query area
from GeoMoose to PostGIS. Is this currently possible? Where would I
look if I were trying to add this functionality?

thanks for any suggestions,

Sacha