[Geomoose-users] Question from New User/Dev

Dave Misun dmisun at kapur-assoc.com
Mon Mar 15 14:45:37 EDT 2010

I'm a new user/dev with a question and went through prior postings to see if  was answered in the past, but didn't find anything. I am trying to enable the fade & unfade tools on in my map catalog for various layers and not having success; the icons are not showing up by the layers.

I did the following in mapbook.xml:

In the Config section I set layers_controls as shown below --

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<mapbook version="2.0">

 <configuration>
  <!--
   <param name="links_bar_html"> <![CDATA[    <a href= "www.google.com"]]> </param>
  -->
   <param name="layer_controls.unfade.on">true</param>
   <param name="layer_controls.fade.on">true</param>

and in Catalog I set fade & unfade as TRUE for the layers of interest--

...maxscale="500000" legend-show="true" fade="true" unfade="true" tip="Layer visible at scale of 1:500,000 and below" />

Nothing is showing up, so I must be overlooking something.

Thank you in advance!

Dave Misun