[Geomoose-users] fastcgi vs cgi

Dan Little danlittle at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 1 13:01:55 EDT 2010

GeoMOOSE can use pretty much anything that serves up a WMS.  Of course, FastCGI
is really only a way of optimizing MapServer's performance.  Most of GeoMOOSE is
static HTML/JS/Images that won't see any benefit from FastCGI and I would not
advise putting the PHP into FastCGI as PHP is already run as an Apache module.

You could set certain layers up as FastCGI, there is no limitation in GeoMOOSE.
 The only limitation is what you have the time/patience to configure.