[Geomoose-users] Labeling

DEAN ANDERSON ANDERSON.DEAN at co.polk.or.us
Tue Nov 30 20:09:11 EST 2010

We manage our parcel data in Arc/Info and ArcMap (been in transition for awhile).  I have converted annotation from both environments to line shape files or points (with varying degrees of success).  The biggest problem I run into is that the offset alternatives for labels relative to lines is somewhat limited at this time in Mapserver. It is my understanding that this will improve in a future release.

Dean Anderson
IT Director
Polk County, Oregon

>>> "Jacob Rodel"  11/30/10 5:04 PM >>>
I know this is more of a mapserver thing but I was justwondering what other people were doing.  We manage all of our parcel dimensions,lot numbers, ect. in AutoCad.  From what I understand in order to get them inmy Geomoose application I have to convert to Geodatabase and then label by thetextstring field.  Is this similar to what other people are doing or is there abetter way?  Thanks!

Jacob Rodel
GIS Technician
Todd County GIS& Land Services Dept.
347  Central Ave. Suite 1