[Geomoose-users] NFHL WMS from mapfile

Miller, Elizabeth (DOT) Elizabeth.Miller at state.mn.us
Wed Sep 15 09:33:21 EDT 2010

Here is the map-source from the mapbook:

<map-source name="fema" type="mapserver" tiled="false" reference="false">
                <file>/ms4w/apps/metrogis/maps/mapfiles_metro/WMS/fema_wms.map</file>
<layer name="Flood Data Availability"/>
</map-source>

And in the catalog portion of the mapbook:

I should also add that there are scale restrictions on the various layers in the service, but I have tried various layers and can’t get any of them to work. “Flood Data Availability” may not have been the best example to use here because it does not display at large scales (larger than 1:300,000).

Also, the service is not tiled and the maximum image size is 1024 x 1024 pixels. ArcMap is able to bring it in and it displays correctly.

I can get the service to display in Geomoose if I reference it directly from the mapbook but I would like to use a mapfile and bring it in that way. If I pull it in directly in the mapbook this works:

                <map-source name="fema" type="wms" tiled="false" reference="false" projection="EPSG:4326">
                                                <url>http://hazards.fema.gov/wmsconnector/wmsconnector/Servlet/NFHL?</url>
                                                <layer name="Flood_Hazard_Zones_General"/>
                                                <layer name="Q3 Flood Hazards (red)"/>
                                                <layer name="Floodways"/>
                                                <param name="format" value="image/jpeg"/>
                                                <param name="TRANSPARENT" value="TRUE"/>
                                                <param name="styles" value=""/>
                </map-source>