[Geomoose-users] how to install geomoose?

Eli Adam EAdam at co.lincoln.or.us
Fri Aug 5 13:41:56 EDT 2011

Nitin,

> I went to
> http://localhost/geomoose2/geomoose.html
>
> and it worked...
>
> but I'm not getting the layers or the tools. Are those separate
adds?

The tools and layers should not be a separate add.  The web mercator
demo is perhaps in need of a little attention to work as intended.

http://geomoose.org/demo/geomoose2-webmercator/geomoose.htmlhttp://geomooseo

> rg/demo/geomoose2-webmercator/geomoose.html
>
> I've attached a screenshot to show what my screen is like.

I got similar results as you.

> Should I still install "GeoMOOSE 2.4 for MS4W" as you recommended?

I think that is a good idea.  You will have to decide for yourself.

> I would want to use the mercator demo if I can I think... I probably
> want to be able to use the standard stuff right outside of the
box...

Once you are a little familiar with the working demo, then perhaps it
will be easier to look at the web mercator demo and make a few tweaks to
make it work for you.  Perhaps search the email list about the web
mercator demo, someone else may have already hit this and the fix is on
the list.

> After this is all done, I'll update the wiki :)

Thanks.

Eli

> thanks a lot
> nitin
>

> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 11:36 AM, Eli Adam <EAdam at co.lincoln.or.us>
wrote:
>> Nitin,
>>
>>> I did get MS4W working, but not Geomoose at
>> http://localhost/geomoose/
>>
>> Looks like gradual progress.
>> Does MS4W working means that you go to localhost and get the MS4W
info
>> and details page?
>>

>>> Here's what I did, in order:
>>>
>>> (1) Downloaded "ms4w_2.3.1.zip" from here:
>>> http://dl.maptools.org/dl/ms4w/
>>>
>>> (2) Already downloaded "GeoMOOSE 2.4 for MS4W - Web Mercator Demo"
>> from here:
>>> http://geomoose.org/info/download.html
>>>
>>> (3) I transferred both of the *.zip files above to C:\
>>>
>>> (4) I unzipped each of them with winrar, and files with the same
>> names
>>> as above were created as following:
>>> C:\GeoMOOSE-mercdemo-2.4-MS4W
>>> C:\ms4w_2.3.1
>>
>> This unzipping step is where things seem to have gone wrong.
winrar
>> apparently defaults to creating a new folder and not merging
things.
>> Try the unzipping step again with a different program (like the
default
>> windows utility) or changing settings on winrar.  When you unzip
both
>> those folders you should get C:\ms4w\(more here) and then the
geomoose
>> contents should get placed inside those folders like
>> C:\ms4w\apps\geomoose2\
>>

>>> The files were separate.
>>>
>>> (5) I went to:
>>> C:\ms4w_2.3.1\ms4w\apache-install.bat
>>>
>>> And double-clicked.
>>>
>>> (6) I restarted the computer
>>>
>>> (7) I checked http://localhost/
>>>
>>> And I saw Mapserver
>>>
>>> (8) Since, the following file was separate:
>>> C:\GeoMOOSE-mercdemo-2.4-MS4W
>>>
>>> I "cut":
>>> C:\GeoMOOSE-mercdemo-2.4-MS4W\ms4w
>>>
>>> and "pasted" in:
>>> C:\
>>>
>>> and when it asked me to "merge", I clicked "yes"
>>>
>>> (9) I tried to go to:
>>> http://localhost/geomoose/
>>>
>>> but got a "404 not found" message
>>>
>>> (10) I tried restarting the computer, and I went to:
>>> http://localhost/geomoose/
>>

>> This looks like a mistake on my part.  The apache alias seems to be
>> geomoose2 not geomoose.  However, just go to localhost and scroll to
the
>> bottom and it should show you how many application you have
installed
>> along with links to click on.  That will take you to
>> http://localhost/geomoose2/geomoose.html (this works partly for
me).

>> I'd recommend the other demo at
>> http://geomoose.org/downloads/GeoMOOSE-2.4-MS4W.zip  That is the
one
>> that I tried when I first started and it seems to be the main demo
and
>> work well.
>>
>> HTH, Eli
>>

>>> and it still didn