[Geomoose-users] Something like Google Earth's Photo layer?

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Thu Dec 15 13:12:34 EST 2011

     I had a question the other day from a person in the Emergency
Response Planning business.  He has a client (with little or no money to
spend) interested in looking at a aerial scenes of their five facilities
from their head office to aid in any decisions.  I let them know the
difference between aerial "snapshots" and photogrammetry, etc.  But I
can't really help them; it's mainly a data acquisition task and a photo
album.

     However while we were talking, it occurred to me that a simple
web-based mapping system with the ability to upload geo-tagged photos
from the field, display icons on map and show the photo when clicked
(like Google Earth's Photo layer) could be a nice GeoMoose extension,
useful for various things.  I think most of the parts are in GeoMoose:
Identify, Popups (although I may want the Identify info sent to a
different browser window)...

Thoughts?