[Geomoose-users] GeoMoose organization

Kroot, Christopher Christopher.Kroot at maine.gov
Fri Feb 25 09:22:32 EST 2011

Hello all

My name is Christopher Kroot and I am the enterprise GIS analyst for the
State of Maine Office of GIS. We are currently using mapserver to create
WMS for imagery.  We have developed a simple front end application built
with java script and php with mapserver as the backend.  We have
determine that others have progressed much further down this road then
we have and are looking at selecting a code base for our current and
future development.

We are considering using GeoMoose as the code base for our enterprise
web mapping applications that have a mapserver backend.  Currently we
have 5 stakeholder groups who have provided us with the functionally
requirements for their web mapping needs.  My review of the Clatsop
County Web Maps http://maps.co.clatsop.or.us/applications/index.html#
is promising, as it contains most of the base functionality required.
We will be investing a significant amount of resource in the coming
years into the environment we choose and want to select the best one to
start with.

What is the organizational structure for GeoMoose?  Are their funded
positions for maintenance and future development?

We are using the ESRI ArcServer environment for web mapping that
requires complex spatial analysis, geoprocessing, other more complex
functional requirements.

Thank you for your assistance and have a good day

Christopher Kroot
Enterprise GIS Analyst
Maine Office of GIS
SHS 174