[Geomoose-users] Displaying rectangles

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Wed Jan 26 10:07:15 EST 2011

All,

I would have to experiment to be sure, but there may be a way to do this type of calulation via templates.  You would need the view window in ground coordinates, which you can get from a template, and I think there is a method to convert to PIXELs, that's how we do our imagemaps from MapServer.  So I think all the feeds are available, it's just putting it all together .. .

bobb

>>> Brent Fraser <bfraser at geoanalytic.com> wrote:

Carl,

  Have a look at mapserver's technique to place a copyright notice on the map  (http://mapserver.org/faq.html#how-do-i-add-a-copyright-notice-on-the-corner-of-my-map), although it may be difficult to calculate the center of the map.    Or perhaps you could use the "drawing" layer of GeoMoose/OpenLayers to automatically render some polygons.