[Geomoose-users] caching and other ways to increase performance

Brian Fischer bfischer at houstoneng.com
Fri Jul 29 16:28:40 EDT 2011

We have used Tilecache with GeoMOOSE a little bit.  Seems tilecache is dying a bit in favor of GEoWebCache and MapProxy.

We have also used ESRI rest map caches.  There are limitations with these in that they are really only useful for basemap layers where you don't need to do identify, selection and searches on them.  The other complication is GeoMOOSE has very limited support for using these type of map sources with the print service.  As of now the only one that works is ESRI REST services.

I've also been meaning to look into MapProxy (http://mapproxy.org/).  I'm hoping to learn more about that at FOSS4G.

Hope this helps.

Brian Fischer, CFM
GIS Manager
Houston Engineering, Inc.
O 763.493.4522 | D 763.493.6664 | M 763.229.2734