[Geomoose-users] Yahoo Layer wrong projection

Dan Little danlittle at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 2 14:30:57 EDT 2012

According to that configuration, your application is using your native projection, but Yahoo uses Web Mercator.  So you have a few options:

1. Don't use the Yahoo satellite imagery.  This will require you to find a local data source in a format you can serve (think GeoTIFF, ERW, JPEG2000 with Geo attributes attached, Mr SID, lots of options here).
2. Convert your data sources to display in Web Mercator.  If your source data is in the local projection then you can either create projected data sources or you can have mapserver do the dirty work and have it project it out as a part of the WMS configuration.