[Geomoose-users] 2.6 - To Doc? To Purge? To Release?

Dan Little danlittle at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 10:18:35 EDT 2012

Hello List,

We are getting *very* comfortable with the status of the code for the new GeoMoose 2.6 release.

A demo is available here:
- http://www.geomoose.org/demo/geomoose.html

The current state of the documentation is here:
- http://www.geomoose.org/trunk/

A relevant change log is here:
- http://www.geomoose.org/trunk/releases/2.6.html

Currently, the docs contain a substantial amount of legacy instructions from older versions of GeoMoose.  We have moved to a versioned documentation system and the old docs will be preserved here:
- http://www.geomoose.org/2.4/

"geomoose.org/" really just points to the latest stable documentation.

Does anyone have an objection to cleaning up the docs to *only* apply to 2.6?  My motivation is clarity.  2.6 simplifies installation quite a bit but it also deprecates a few functions and I'd rather not have too much "diff docing" going on as it can confuse new users.

We will be dropping an RC1 pending a few tickets.  Most of the docs will continue to apply but we are also looking for volunteers who are unafraid of writing docs and looking at some code.

Thanks for any input!

-Duck