[Geomoose-users] GeoMoose API: GeoMOOSE.turnLayerOn problem with multi map-source layers

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Mon Apr 16 15:08:23 EDT 2012

Dan,

   I'm using the GeoMoose API (v2.4 I think) in a JavaScript user
extension to  turn on a multi-mapsource Layer:

       GeoMOOSE.turnLayerOn("Image/image:Filler/all");

In geomoose.js, turnLayerOn calls changeLayerVisibility, where the
layerpath is split and the DOM is queried for each portion.  But those
portions are Map-Sources, not Layers, and therefor are not found.

So I changed the code to simply query on the original path (not the
portions), and it seems to work:

     changeLayerVisibility : function(layerPath, visibility) {
/*
         var paths = this.splitPaths(layerPath);
         for(var p = 0; p < paths.length; p++) {
             var e = document.getElementById('catalog-'+paths[p]);
             if(!e && !Catalog.setLayerVisibility(paths[p], visibility)) {
                 OpenLayers.Console.log('Layer '+paths[p]+' does not
exist');
             } else if(e && e.checked != visibility) {
                 e.checked = visibility;
                 e.onclick();
             }
         }
*/
         var e = document.getElementById('catalog-'+layerPath);
         if(!e && !Catalog.setLayerVisibility(layerPath, visibility)) {
             OpenLayers.Console.log('Layer '+layerPath+' does not exist');
         } else if(e && e.checked != visibility) {
             e.checked = visibility;
             e.onclick();
         }
     },

If you think the above fix is valid, I'll file an Issue in Trac (I guess
we're still filing issues on v2.4), and put the fix in SVN.

Thanks!