[Geomoose-users] RFC 5: Modularize Core GeoMOOSE Services

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Thu Dec 20 11:10:24 PST 2012

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 8:05 AM, Andrew Sheppard
<asheppard at houstoneng.com> wrote:
> All,
> I have compiled the discussion to date on unifying select.php, query.php and identify.php into a draft RFC:
>
> http://www.geomoose.org/trunk/rfc/rfc-5.html
>
> Please provide any suggestions for improvement.

I have some questions.  Is the WMS backed by SQLite a temporary file
and configuration?

How will the extending of existing wms layers to wfs be done?  Is it
that users have to enable wfs for all layers that will interact with
select or query?  Would this be wfs and not a temporary  wfs(-t)
backed by SQLite?  I'm thinking about instances where users change the
selection by removing some features and then switching between table
and side view.  If the selection set is managed on the client side it
may not matter, but if it is from the server each time it would
somehow need to know about the change.

This is a general question that perhaps should have a separate thread,
have we thought of changing the SQLite dependency to SpatiaLite?  How
would that impact the various things that we want to do in GeoMoose?

Best Regards, Eli