[Geomoose-users] Unable to implement select feature service

Jim Klassen klassen.js at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 22:47:47 PST 2012

Potentially lots of things.

On Dec 8, 2012, at 6:34 PM, Lin, Joyce wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need help with configuring the select feature for a layer. I have a “Lease” shape file store in data folder stored at C:\Data\Lease\
>
> Following the implementer documentation of GeoMoose
> 1.       I moved everything under parcel demo in “maps/demo/parcels/templates” to C:\Data\Lease\tamplates

tamplates or templates?

> 2.       Modify select result to be as below
> <!-- MapServer Template -->
>
> 3.       Modify Mapserver Mapfile
>
> LAYER
>               NAME Lease
>               DATA './Lease.shp'
>               ………
>

>      PROJECTION
>          'init=epsg:32040'
>      END
>
> METADATA
>                      # drill-down identify service record.
>                      'identify_record'    'templates/identify.html'
>
>                      # query.php / "Search Lease" functionality.
>                      'itemquery'   'templates/search_result.html'
>                      'itemquery-filter'   '/.*[qstring].*/i'
>                      'qstring_validation_pattern' '.'
>
>                      # Feature reports are stored in the conf/feature_report directory.
>                      'feature_report' 'Lease.xml'
>
>                     'select_record'      'templates/select_result.html'
>                      'select_header' 'templates/select_header.html'
>                      'popups' 'Lease_popup.html'
>               END
>

> 4.  Modify mapbook.xml
>                      <input type="select" name="select_layer" title="Select features from:">
>                            <option value="parcels/parcels">Parcels</option>
>                            <option value="/Data/Lease/Lease">Lease</option>
>                      </input>

The select_layer is a mapbook map-source/layer not a filesystem path (IIRC only one "/" is allowed in this field).  Did you create a map-source for your Lease mapfile?  Also, C:\Data is potentially outside your root path (in settings_local.ini) and that may cause problems (I haven't tested it).

> I did all these steps…. But when I select features on my lease layer, it stuck at “Loading” and nothing was returning.  Could someone advise what I am overlooking?

Can you view your Lease layer on the map outside of using the select service?

In general, using Firebug (or equivalent) to view actual the requests and responses generally provides some insight into server error messages.

> Thank you,
> Joyce
>

> Statement of Confidentiality:
> This message may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you receive this transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments.

Nothing against you personally, but there is just so much wrong with statements like these in non-encrypted email, and especially email sent to a public list.  Seems kind of like going to central park and using a megaphone to send a message to someone across the park while expecting that everyone else will pretend they didn't hear anything.  The bystanders were at a minimum inconvenienced, but certainly were not under any confidentiality agreement and are under no obligation to limit their freedom of speech just because you happened to shout something in a public setting that you shouldn't have.  Given the technical nature of email, there are many places a non-encrypted email is potentially stored and readable in route to its destination.  Finally, many organizations that implement enforced email archiving policies (based on legal data retention requirements) and thus an unintended recipient may not be able to delete a message even if they wanted to.