[Geomoose-users] Server Specs for GeoMoose and MS4W

Ed Boesenberg eboesenberg at niraengineers.com
Wed Jan 4 11:05:08 EST 2012

I am  looking to purchase a web server for GeoMoose and MS4W, it would serve
out 2 to 3 GeoMoose applications.  Each app would be a water or sanitary
sewer authority and would have about 20 layers and would be spread across 36
square miles.  All the data would be shapefiles.  I can purchase a
refurbished Dell dual core Xeon 2.4 ghz processor with 4gb of memory for
about $400.  Would that suit my needs?  I don't want to purchase a new
server for $2-$3K right now because we don't have any clients signed on.

Thanks

Ed Boesenberg