[Geomoose-users] Installing Geomoose; What next?

Jim Klassen klassen.js at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 07:09:20 PDT 2012

I have no experience with GeoMoose on IIS but...

You said you were getting an error saying GeoMoose could not load the mapbook.  This means either the server returned an error (404,500, etc) or otherwise didn't return a valid mapbook when GeoMoose requested ./php/getmapbook.php.

It would really help if you had something akin to Firebug so you could see what the server is sending on the getmapbook.php call.  My guess is if you haven't moved anything from the base ms4w install is that you don't have PHP configured properly and IIS is sending the PHP file rather than executing the PHP file and sending the results.

There are logs/error messages, but I have no idea where for IIS.  With apache look for error.log and access.log to see what the server is up to.  And as I said above, something like Firebug (console and network tabs are most useful) lets you see what GeoMoose is up to.

Also, the local settings you are looking at would not change if the mapbook would get successfully loaded or not.  mapserver_url could effect if any local maps show up or not after the mapbook in loaded.