[Geomoose-users] Identify tool - How to?

neslonotnilc clinton at co.emery.ut.us
Tue Mar 27 12:04:34 EDT 2012

I have been troubleshooting the identify feature for my geomoose application.
I can get some of the layers to identify, and other layers won't show up
when I try to identify them.  I have looked on geomoose.org for a How To for
the identify tool so I could make sure I was doing everything required for
my mapfile, mapbook.xml, and my template but there doesn't seem to be one.
Where can I go to get more information on this feature?  I think if I can
get some pointers on what I need to do then I can make all the other layers
be identifiable.

This is one of the layers that will not identify.  I have a layer named
placenames.  In the mapbook.xml I have it referenced as:

ESRI:102743

<map-source name="placenames" type="mapserver" reference="true">
<file>./interactive_maps/placenames/placenames.map</file>
<layer name="placenames"/>
</map-source>

<layer title="Place Names" src="placenames/placenames" status="on"
popups="false" minscale="0" maxscale="150000" metadata="false" >
</layer>

---Mapfile ---
MAP
NAME 'placenames'
SIZE 800 650
STATUS ON
EXTENT  1426801 6519737 2267577 7175357
UNITS FEET
#FONTSET '../fonts/fontset.list'
#SYMBOLSET '../symbols/symbol.sym'
TRANSPARENT TRUE
IMAGETYPE PNG

INCLUDE "../../geomoose_globals.map"

WEB
INCLUDE "../../temp_directory.map"
END

PROJECTION
'init=esri:102743'
end

LEGEND
STATUS ON
END

LAYER
NAME "placenames"
DATA "placenames.shp"
STATUS DEFAULT
TYPE POINT
LABELITEM 'NAME'
LABELCACHE ON
LABELMAXSCALE 100000
PROJECTION
'init=esri:102743'
end

CLASS
NAME 'Attractions'
STYLE
SYMBOL 'STAR'
COLOR 255 102 51
OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
SIZE 8
END
LABEL
TYPE TRUETYPE
FONT vera_sans-bold
SIZE 8
ANTIALIAS TRUE
COLOR 0 0 0
OUTLINECOLOR 254 254 254
BUFFER 4
PARTIALS FALSE
POSITION auto
SIZE 7
END
END

METADATA
'identify_record' 'identify_placenames.html'
END

END
END

---Identify results---