[Geomoose-users] Which dev tool to use

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Mon May 7 12:49:49 EDT 2012

For coding JavaScript and PHP, I use Notepad++ (open source!)   It
color-codes the text by language (and there is a syntax file available
for MapServer's map files).  It has lots of other features too.

For debugging JavaScript I use the Chrome's debugger (but IE 8/9's is
quite good too) for stepping thru the code and examining the network
traffic between the client browser and the server (PHP and Mapserver).

This weekend I went looking for a good PHP debugger; I'm still trying to
get Eclipse to work (a config problem?).