[Geomoose-users] Show off your OpenSource project at the GIS/LIS OSGeo booth. (slide shows, etc)

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Thu Sep 27 08:15:30 PDT 2012

All,

Read on . . . I'm looking for examples of existing Open Source projects to include in a OSGeo booth slide show.  To that end, use one of the linked presentation examples on the page linked below to fill in a couple of slides for your (or others) project for inclusion in the Slide show.  Just send back to me and I'll incorporate.  No limit on the number sent in.  Looking to have these by Friday end of day if possible.

http://pwultra5.ci.stpaul.mn.us/samples/

Thanks

Bobb

On other  items for booths.

*          Were you going to plot out/make the three banners for the back wall hanging?

*          Can you confirm the stand and monitor from your end for loop playing, will it need a computer to run from (I have one)?

*          I'm planning on bringing a monitor (table top) as well for running some project specific stuff in a loop as well.

*          OSGeo LiveDVDs should be ready for pickup before the end of the week (thurs??)

*          I haven't heard anything back about shirts for Booth folks?  This still in play?

Template slides for others to add their content and send back, see attached. (I'm going out on a limb here and going with LibreOffice  . . .)

*          Anything special wanted in the way of slide background for the looped content on the monitors?  OSGeo logo, FOSS4G-NA badge, etc?  I can add these after the fact as background / foreground items.

*          Anyone wanting to show off a Open-Sourced based mapping project is welcome to use the attached presentation samples as a base and then just send them back.

*          I've included a sample project to demonstrate (what I think should be) the minimum amount of information to pass back in your slides.

*          Go crazy with you slides if you want to, add in animations, labels, whatever, it's your call.

I'll assemble into a single slide deck for looping at the Booth after I receive stuff.  Is This Friday evening too soon of a deadline for getting them back to me?  I'll likely be adding some sort of FOSS stamp to the background/forerground as well, this will be smallish in nature though.

Hope these attachments aren't too big . . .

Bobb