[Geomoose-users] MS Explore 10 issues

Johan Forsman Johan.Forsman at LA.GOV
Wed Apr 10 07:43:42 PDT 2013

For what it’s worth I have a 2.6.1 installation on MS4W and it appears to operate normally using IE10 based on first impressions.

From: geomoose-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:geomoose-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of James Klassen
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 7:15 PM
To: Paul Wickman
Cc: geomoose-users at lists.osgeo.org; Tim Hennig
Subject: Re: [Geomoose-users] MS Explore 10 issues

No need to just wait and hope the issues sort themselves out... Feel free to offer patches.  At least for Duck and myself it is particularly difficult to test and debug against IE and especially IE 10 (usually involving spinning up a temporary EC2 instance).  Help in this regard would certainly be appreciated.

I did some quick tests with 2.6.1 against IE10 beta awhile back and it didn't work.  It is rather frustrating since it works with IE9, FF and WebKit.  At the time I couldn't find any diagnostics in IE10 that indicated what it didn't like so I gave up.

2.4 has a number of known CSS issues with patches published to the list and are in the 2.4 svn branch.  At the moment, there doesn't seem to be enough interest in a 2.4.1 release without specific funding. (There are a few other bug fixes related to MapScript 6 that need to be worked out that should also go into 2.4.1 that are no fun to fix.  There have been no user submitted patches and the core developers projects/needs have moved to 2.6.x.  I for one am not going to spend a bunch of time for free working on something I'm not interested in.)