[Geomoose-users] problem displaying PIXMAP images

Robert R. Raiz raizrobert at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 23:07:01 PDT 2013

Hello all,

This is somehow related to a previous post I made regarding an *"Image
handling error. Unsupported output format (image/png;bits=8)".
*
I went to the demo part in GeoMoose and added to the original, untouched
demo folders another layer (point shapefile - containing a few points), an
icon (.png) in the symbol folder and all the other data connected to this
layer (declaring it in the symbol.sym, mapbook.xml and so on) in order to
display it.

The thing is, whatever I do with the output format (state only one, none,
or more, combinations, specifying option, changing imagetypes and so on)
the symbol (.png file) does not render well - it gets fuzzy, pixelated.
Like it does not preserve its quality or something like this.

The icon has a good quality, clear image, smooth edges, even at a small
size (in my normal viewer). Displayed in GeoMoose it looses the quality.

Can I ask some of you to try and replicate this? just add 2,3 points
somewhere in your project and an icon to be displayed for those points. I
would really like to see where the issue comes from as I am stuck at this
part of my project for close to two weeks now and I cannot find a fix to
this. Not sure what to modify, if its a mapserver thing or something else.

I appreciate any help I can get,

--
*Raiz Roland Robert*