[Geomoose-users] use esc key to deactivate tools

Jim Klassen klassen.js at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 11:24:17 PDT 2013

I've got an extension that enables the OpenLayers Keyboard Controls to pan/zoom the map.  I haven't released it yet because it required a few changes to GeoMoose core that I haven't had time to package up.

The trickiest part is getting the control to NOT respond when you don't want it to.  (Such as arrow keys in an input field).  This requires OpenLayers 2.12 and a few other minor changes.  If there is interest I can work on packing it up.  My strategy was to activate the keyboard control when one of the pan/zoom in/zoom out tools is active.  The tool deactivates when the user changes tools or moves focus outside of the map.