[Geomoose-users] Cursor Proplem

Anderson, Dean anderson.dean at co.polk.or.us
Thu Nov 14 14:42:17 PST 2013

I am having a problem with cursors.  When a tool has the selectable="false"
parameter set  then the cursor inherits the characteristics of the previous
action. When selectable="true" parameter is set the cursor is assigned
correctly.  This is an issue when I am building tools in catalog drawers
where I do NOT want tools to have the "selectable" box appear.

The simplest way to test this in the demo is to have the following two
tools added to the catalog:

<tool name="buffered_select" title="Select Features" type="service"
service="buffered_select" show-label="true" selectable="false"/>

<tool name="buffered_select" title="Select Features" type="service"
service="buffered_select" show-label="true" selectable="true"/>

The tools are identical accept for the selectable option.  Start geomoose
and do the following

1. Press the identify tool icon and move the mouse around (the identify
icon appears).

2. Press the first "Select Features" button and move the mouse around (the
identify icon remains - badness!)

3. Press the identify tool icon and move the mouse around (the identify
icon appears).

4.  Press the second "Select Features" button and move the mouse around
(the identify icon does not appear - This is Good and how it is supposed to
work.)

Does anyone have any ideas?

I tried to figure this out from the API documentation on GeoMoose but it is
an invalid link. Could we get this to link to the API page soon?

It appears that the problem is in the tool.js script but I assume that
changes to tool.js require some type of recompilation of GeoMoose. Is this
true?

Thanks

--
Dean R Anderson