[Geomoose-users] Minor documentation fix

Paul Wickman paul at flatrockgeo.com
Mon Sep 29 14:49:15 PDT 2014

Thanks, Jim.  As I keep hitting GeoServer I'll report any issues to the
correct place.  I'm already seeing a fix I need to make to the identify.php
to addresses an issue I had reported to the mailing list the other day.

Yes, I can see how the PHP services are more tightly bound to MapServer.
At this point the identify.php and popup.php services will fit my needs
(after the fixes I'll be making).

Have you written custom JS code to run WMS queries client-side rather than
through the PHP services?

-Paul

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 4:26 PM, James Klassen <klassen.js at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does catalog->layer->status still apply to 2.7?  I haven't used that in
> ages.
>
> It is a goal to not depend on a local MapServer, but it isn't tested often
> (especially the PHP code).  I use GeoMoose with external WMS served by
> MapServer, GeoServer and ESRI servers and the HTML/JS code should work
> fairly well.  I tend to not use the PHP services as they haven't met my
> deployment needs (threaded apache, etc.)
> On Sep 29, 2014 3:57 PM, "Paul Wickman" <paul at flatrockgeo.com> wrote:
>

>> One of these days I keep meaning to jump in and fix a few things on the
>> documentation.  In the mean time, I thought I'd just go ahead and report
>> this minor fix:
>>
>> The <map-source>
>> <http://docs.geomoose.org/2.6/docs/mapbook.html#map-source> docs
>> describe the optional *visibility *attribute for the <layer> child
>> node.  Turns out this attribute should actually be called status (just like
>> it is on the <layer> child node in the <catalog>).
>>
>> As I work more with non-MapServer WMS/WFS (most often GeoServer) I'll
>> start compiling issues I come across and jump into things a bit more
>> directly (probably after v2.8).
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> Paul Wickman