[Geomoose-users] More RFC 4 Work in Action

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Thu Dec 10 11:37:51 PST 2015

I think that you mean RFC5 in the subject.

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 9:34 AM, Dan Little <theduckylittle at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. The grid now supports selections.
> 2. There is now support for a toolbar to do something with those selections.

Cool.

> At this point, I'll need to switch gears back to GeoMOOSE 2.8.2 (and talk to Jim about whether it really is a 2.9.0, Hi Jim!).
>
> Some features that are missing:
> (a) The highlight tool is only returning features and not returning the selection polygon or buffer space right now.

I've always thought that this should be a config in the mapbook,
especially the selection polygon (maybe,
"include_odd_confusing_random_shape_on_top_of_map_that_otherwise_makes_sense"
- well you get my opinion of selection polygon).

> (b) There is no grid/map interaction via selection on the grid or hovering.  I know we should have something but I might punt that to another version to release this functionality and let people start playing with it.

Benefits and drawbacks each way.  There is more design flexibility
before releasing it.  Getting it out is good too.

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 10:05 AM, James Klassen <klassen.js at gmail.com> wrote:
> New features would be 2.9.
>
> The MS4W mapfile fix by itself might be worth a 2.8.2.

I'm still not entirely clear if it is a universal fix for all data
source types.  I do think that it is an important fix.

> (First time was oversize with the reply quoted)

Maybe some recent list infrastructure migrations changed the default
message size?  There was a 500kb image which would be a lot of ascii
text.

Best regards, Eli