[Geomoose-users] configuring scaleLine.js

Anderson, Dean anderson.dean at co.polk.or.us
Wed Jul 29 07:12:38 PDT 2015

Scale bar works well for me.  I have a mile and feet version in two
different styles.  They turn on or off in catelogue .  Here is the feet
version...

Mapbook...

<map-source name="scalebarft" type="mapserver">
<file>./scalebarft.map</file>
<layer name="county" status="off"/>
<param name="FORMAT" value="image/png;bits=8"/>
</map-source>

Map for one of them... (layer referenced but not drawn...)

MAP
NAME "county"
SIZE 800 650
STATUS ON

UNITS FEET

INCLUDE "geomoose_globals.map"

WEB
METADATA
'ows_title' "county"
'ows_srs' 'EPSG:2913 EPSG:4326 EPSG:900913 EPSG:3857'
'ows_enable_request' '*'
'ows_onlineresource' 'http://www.geomoose.org'
END
END

LEGEND
      STATUS ON
      LABEL
  TYPE TRUETYPE
  FONT vera_sans
  SIZE 8
  COLOR 0 0 0
      END
END

PROJECTION
'init=epsg:2913'
END

  SCALEBAR
    STATUS embed
    SIZE 200 3
    UNITS feet
    BACKGROUNDCOLOR 120 120 120
    imagecolor 255 255 255
    COLOR 0 0 0
    STYLE 0
    POSTLABELCACHE true
    TRANSPARENT OFF
    LABEL
      COLOR 0 0 90
      buffer 2
      OutLineColor 255 255 217
      SIZE small
    END
  END

Layer
  Name "county"
  Data './data/county'
  Status On
  Type Polygon
  Class

  End
End

end

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 10:29 AM, Jim Klassen <klassen.js at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I am not familiar with any GeoMoose extensions to do that (nor have I
> ever looked for one).
>
> My strategy has been to create a mapfile that the sole purpose is to draw
> a scalebar.  Then place it in the mapbook so it is on top of the stack and
> optionally put it in the catalog (if you want users to be able to turn it
> on and off).  As a bonus, the scalebar is then automatically printable.
>
> I don't have the mapfile handy now, but it is along the lines of:
>
> MAP
>   SCALEBAR
>   END
>
>   # Empty layer needed for WMS
>   LAYER
>     NAME 'scalebar'
>   END
> END
>
> On 07/28/2015 11:54 AM, Bistrais, Bob wrote:
>
> Thanks for the response, Brent.  I haven't found ScaleLine.js either.
> But then, how do I get a scale bar to appear?

Dean R Anderson
IT Director
Polk County