[Geomoose-users] DigitalGlobe API

Kevin Grootendorst kgrootendorst at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 10:20:06 PST 2016

Hello list,
I wanted to share with you how I integrated a free Digital Globe API into
GeoMoose.  For some, this may not be relevant or that complicated, however,
I'm hoping it may help someone in our community.

First, sign up for your own free API key:
https://platform.digitalglobe.com/maps-api/#plans.  The free api gives you
20,000 views of the imagery.

Second, incorporate the following map sources into your mapbook.xml file:

    <map-source name="DG_Sat" type="xyz">
        <layer name="Maps API Recent Imagery    DigitalGlobe, Inc." />
        <url>
http://api.tiles.mapbox.com/v4/digitalglobe.nal0g75k/${z}/${x}/${y}.png?access_token=YOUR
API KEY</url>
        <param name="FORMAT" value="png"/>
        <param name="attribution" value="Copyright DigitalGlobe, Inc"/>
    </map-source>

    <map-source name="DG_Hybrid" type="xyz">
        <layer name="Maps API Recent Imagery with Streets    DigitalGlobe,
Inc." />
        <url>
http://api.tiles.mapbox.com/v4/digitalglobe.nal0mpda/${z}/${x}/${y}.png?access_token=YOUR
API KEY</url>
        <param name="FORMAT" value="png"/>
        <param name="attribution" value="Copyright DigitalGlobe, Inc"/>
    </map-source>

In the above examples replace 'YOUR API KEY' with the actual key code.

Third, add these to the <catalog> section in the mapbook.xml file:

<layer title="DigitalGlobe Inc. Recent Imagery" src="DG_Sat/Maps API Recent
Imagery    DigitalGlobe, Inc." show-legend="false" legend="false"
fade="false" unfade="false"/>

<layer title="DigitalGlobe Inc. Recent Imagery with Streets"
src="DG_Hybrid/Maps API Recent Imagery with Streets    DigitalGlobe, Inc."
show-legend="false" legend="false" fade="false" unfade="false"/>

In these examples, I'm showing both the recent imagery and recent imagery
with streets layers.
You can also add a terrain map and streetmap vectors too.

Cheers,

Kevin