[Geomoose-users] Docker Image Released

Dan Little theduckylittle at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 09:37:31 PST 2016

Hello GeoMOOSE Users!

As I promised (threatened?) I've created a Docker project for testing
GeoMOOSE.  In fact, I'm actively using this for testing and
development of GeoMOOSE 2.9.  For those that are interested there are
a few advantages:

1. You no longer need to install PHP or Apache on your local system.
Those of us with some security concerns hate having any extra software
running locally.  Docker does a great job with isolation to minimize
the surface exposed.  Also, since that software will now only be
running when required by the application, when it's not running --
power savings!
2. Dockerfile's can be useful as a set of instructions for setting up
GeoMOOSE on Linux.  This is centered around an Ubuntu-style install
but it documents how to install GeoMOOSE on Linux in a very prescribed
way.

I'd love to see some feedback, questions, comments, concerns, pull requests.

- https://github.com/geomoose/docker-geomoose

Thanks y'all!