[Geomoose-users] UMGEOCON

Bob Basques bbasques at sharedgeo.org
Thu Jan 14 22:50:29 PST 2016

Hello,

Announcing a new, inaugural, local event, the Upper Midwest GEOCON
(UMGEOCON)

http://umgeocon.org/

This is shaping up to be an interesting conference in that it’s
attempting to cross Geo boundaries and disciplines and bring together
interested Geo professionals and academics that might not congregate
otherwise.  The audience is sourced from at least three states.  The
conference organizing committee includes each States' respective GIS
organization.  Much of the audience will be new to (you potential)
presenters as well.  It’s going to be a good venue to expand the reach
and awareness of your project(s) and ideas.  Anything Geo related is a
candidate for submittal.

Please pass this Email on to those in your network with interest, in
order for us to cast the widest possible net on this request.

In addition, I’m tasked with pulling together an Open Source track of
presenters, all ideas welcome.  If you have an idea for an Abstract or
Workshop, be it Open Source or not, please consider submitting it for
the conference, but all you Open Sorcerers (Yes the wizarding kind)
please copy me with your interest to be included in the Open Source track.

The call for Abstracts ends Jan. 18th.  Please consider joining us at
the Univ. of Wi., La Crosse on May 25-26th, 2016.

See you at the conference.

Thanks for your attention.

Bob Basques
USGEOCON