[Geomoose-users] Vector editing with WFS-T

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Fri Mar 11 13:30:37 PST 2016

Jim,

   Yes I found that as I worked though the demo (don't mix "localhost"
and "127.0.0.1" in the URLs!).

I found some code commented out in Geomoose's Vector.js (line 95) and
un-commented it:

         /** call save after any changes have occured **/
         this._ol_layer.events.register('featureadded', this, this.save);
         this._ol_layer.events.register('featureremoved', this, this.save);
this._ol_layer.events.register('afterfeaturemodified', this, this.save);

Now in the network traffic I see a bunch of :

Parameter:
<wfs:Transaction xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs" service="WFS"
version="1.1.0" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wfs
http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.1.0/wfs.xsd"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"/>

Response:
<ows:ExceptionReport
  xmlns='http://www.opengis.net/ows'
  xmlns:ows='http://www.opengis.net/ows'
  xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
  xsi:schemaLocation='http://www.opengis.net/ows
http://schemas.opengis.net/ows/1.0.0/owsExceptionReport.xsd'
  version='1.1.0' language='en'>
  <ows:Exception exceptionCode='InvalidParameterValue'
locator='Transaction'>
   <ows:ExceptionText>Operation parameter must be set</ows:ExceptionText>
  </ows:Exception>
</ows:ExceptionReport>

on the load of the layer.

   But if I do some attribute editing, and click "Save Changes", there
is no network traffic (I'd expect OpenLayers to do a TinyOSW URL with an
Update or something).