[Geomoose-users] Animating time series data

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Tue Aug 1 07:56:04 PDT 2017

Kevin,

We’ve implemented some stuff here at the City with regard to time series data, we have the Radar weather images and some other odd layers here and there.  We’ve also went the route of building a separate interface for time series data related to Vehicle/Personnel Tracking.  This was primarily all as OpenLayers developement though.  But having a dedicated display engine has helped in some respects with being able to do some things that would be too heavy for GeoMOOSE alone.

The GeoMOOSE stuff is pretty basic though, simply updates a layer every few seconds with the newest data in the tracking database.

bobb