[Geomoose-users] GeoMOOSE 3.x and projections other than EPSG 3857

Mark Volz MarkVolz at co.lyon.mn.us
Fri May 22 12:22:42 PDT 2020

Hello,

It is my understanding that GeoMOOSE 3.x works best with EPSG 3857 (Web Mercator).   I understand Web Mercator is great when users want to combine backgrounds from multiple sources.  However, I would like to still use my county projection for several reasons.

1)      Our users are expecting the X,Y coordinate display to be in county coordinates.

2)      Our Air Photos are natively stored in county coordinates.  Not needing to reproject our air photos improves performance when building a cache.  I realize I could build our cache ahead of time, however I would rather build the cache on the fly.

3)      We use our cache for several purposes.  Other applications we have depend on air photos in county coordinates.  I do not want to build two caches for both coordinate systems.

Please let me know if it is possible to use a coordinate system other than 3857.  If we can use our own coordinate system then is it more or less difficult to configure compared to the GeoMOOSE 3.x series?
Thank You!
Sincerely,
Mark Volz, GISP