[GeoNode-devel] Modify Base Maps

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 09:22:02 PST 2015

Hi

you can change your base maps, and using your internal ones, altering
the  MAP_BASELAYERS variable in your settings
(http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/reference/developers/settings.html)

Regarding the thumbnails not being generated, this could be a
permission issue. You will need to give write permissions to your web
server on the directory where thumbnails are being generated.

regards

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 12:16 PM,  <mdoakes42 at verizon.net> wrote:
> Hello
> We are working in a closed environment without access to the outside
> internet.   Are there things that will not work out of the box that you
> could help me identify.
>
> Working with this for a short period I have experienced a couple issues so
> far.
>
> 1.)   None of the basemaps will show (pink tiles....obviously cannot
> connect).
>       --  My office maintains our own copy of basemaps which I'd like to
> utilize.  Are there configurations I can use to get rid of the default
> basemaps (Bing Ariel, MapQuest, etc.... and to add my own basemaps.   I
> searched the source code and the only thing I see is that it looks like in
> the GeoExplorer.js file there is some mention of these Basemaps...But not
> sure if I can/should edit this directly or whether there is an easier way to
> add/remove basemaps selections.
>
> 2.) My thumbnails are not generating.
>     Is there a way to check why this might not be working
>

> Anything else anyone can make me aware of when working in a closed
> environment with only access to the internal network.  I'm sure I'll run
> into some "social" network type things/links, etc...  Just mainly interested
> in big things that might give me issues and any solutions you might have to
> correct these.
>

> Thanks,

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer