[GeoNode-devel] GeoNode 2.4 status

Francesco Bartoli xbartolone at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 17:42:58 PDT 2015

Hi Paolo,

I have tried to upgrade geoserver-geonode-ext with alignment to the latest stable 2.7.1. After minor issues in dependencies the build fails at this point:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.1:compile (default-compile) on project geonode-geoserver-ext: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
[ERROR] /Users/geobart/Development/geoserver-geonode-ext/src/main/java/org/geonode/security/GeoNodeSecurityProvider.java:[18,33] cannot find symbol
[ERROR] symbol:   class GeoserverDataDirectory
[ERROR] location: package org.vfny.geoserver.global
[ERROR] /Users/geobart/Development/geoserver-geonode-ext/src/main/java/org/geonode/security/GeoNodeSecurityProvider.java:[85,44] cannot find symbol
[ERROR] symbol:   variable GeoserverDataDirectory
[ERROR] location: class org.geonode.security.GeoNodeSecurityProvider
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.1:compile (default-compile) on project geonode-geoserver-ext: Compilation failure
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:212)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:116)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:80)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:51)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:128)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:307)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:193)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:106)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.compiler.CompilationFailureException: Compilation failure
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.compiler.AbstractCompilerMojo.execute(AbstractCompilerMojo.java:858)
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.compiler.CompilerMojo.execute(CompilerMojo.java:129)
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:134)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:208)
	... 20 more
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException

Tomorrow I don’t have time to investigating more but if somebody can take a look then I can retry the build. Anyway attached there is the POM used to build

Cheers,
Francesco