[GeoNode-devel] Possibility to not show any information on startpage for without login?

Simone Dalmasso simone.dalmasso at gmail.com
Mon May 4 03:51:57 PDT 2015

Hi in geonode 2.4 there is not a list of new maps in home page, for the
list of people you can do something very similar to the solution suggested
before. The django admin is made just to deal with the data and not to
customize functionalities.  If you have to change the code consider using
this https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode-project/tree/2.4 that allows you to
customize the code without changing the geonode core code.

> Hi and thanks,
>
> as of 2.4 the list of newest maps doesnt show if not logged in.
> Nevertheless, the "peoples" list is available to not-logged in users.
>
> Is there a way in 2.4 to avoid this via the Django Admin GUI or do I have
> to customize code?
>
> Kind regards
>
> _____________________________________
> *A P L I K @ T E . E U <http://www.aplikate.eu/>*
> Linux, GIS and database developer team
>
> Wittmannsdorfer Str. 4
> 12053 Berlin
> Germany / Allemagne
>
> Tel.: +49 (0) 30 28 45 40 71
> Mobil: +49 (0) 163 681 77 34
> Fax: +49 (0)30 / 48 49 81 286

>> Hi,
>> you have to customize your code
>> https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/2.0.x/geonode/templates/index.html#L68 here
>> and
>> https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/2.0.x/geonode/people/templates/people/profile_list.html,
>> you can wrap the layer list around a {% if user.is_authenticated %} block.
>>
>> Regards

>>> Hi, is there a posibility to avoid showing the "newes maps" and the
>>> "People" information to the world, i.e. when not logged in? I am on geonode
>>> 2.0.1.
>>>

>>> Kind regards,

>> --
>> Simone