[GeoNode-devel] Geonode 2.4c2 upload layers bug

IT Manager it_manager at mnra.gov.bz
Tue Nov 3 12:23:34 PST 2015

Good afternoon,

I've setup the latest GeoNode (2.4c2) from the ppa:geonode/testing
repository and I've come across a bug that is hindering

User functionality to upload layers via the GeoNode front end.

Attached is an image of the issue\bug.

I was attempting to upload shapefiles to the GeoNode via the front end and
after clicking on the upload button, GeoNode returns

An error informing me that I need to set the category for the layer(s) that
will be uploaded.

I attempted the upload as both a super user and as a user with permissions
to upload, even tried three different browsers (IE, Firefox, and Chrome)

But all returned the same issue.

Any assistance with this issue will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Faridi Martinez (Mr.)

IT Manager

Ministry of Natural Resources & Agriculture

Belmopan City, Cayo Belize, C.A.

Telephone: (501)-822-0804     MNRA Ext: 85048

"He who fails to plan, plans to fail"