[GeoNode-devel] [GeoNode-users] bing api request denied

Marcelo Villarroel raul.marcelo.villarroel.villazon at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 12:42:33 PDT 2015

Hi,

To add Google base maps, you have to get a Google Static Maps API from:

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/static-maps/

Then, edit the *local_settings.py* file, located at /etc/geonode,  and:

   1. Insert you api key:
   GOOGLE_API_KEY = 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX'
   2. Inside MAP_BASELAYERS code lines, insert and save the following:

{

    "source": {"ptype": "gxp_googlesource",
    "apiKey": GOOGLE_API_KEY},
    "group":"background",
    "name":"SATELLITE",
    "visibility": False,
    "fixed": True},

Finally, restart apache server:

# sudo service apache2 restart

You will see the option Google Satellite along with the other base map
options in the Layer Switcher button.
When creating a Map, in the Add layers button, select Google Layers option,
and you'll be able to add Google Roadmap, Google Hybrid an Google Terrain
base maps.

Hope it works for you, it does for me.

Regards,

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 7:14 AM, Annalisa Schiavon <
annalisa.schiavon at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's possible to insert apiKey in local_setting? Or there are other
> methods?
>
> And how can I add google base maps, possibly with their keys?
>
> Thanks

> :
>
>> Ideally you would have requested your own API key for your site on
>> https://www.bingmapsportal.com
>>
>> And then configure the gxp Bing source with the apiKey property / config.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Bart
>>
>> Bart van den Eijnden
>> Front End Software Engineer | Boundless <http://boundlessgeo.com/>
>> bartvde at boundlessgeo.com
>> 1-877-673-6436 <917-460-7207>
>> @boundlessgeo <http://twitter.com/boundlessgeo/>
>>
>> <http://boundlessgeo.com>
>>
>> On 07 Oct 2015, at 15:41, Simone Dalmasso <simone.dalmasso at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Dears,
>>
>> from yesterday the bing maps api that are used by default in every
>> GeoNode map are not working anymore due to a request denied. The effect is
>> that every map in GeoNode cannot be zoomed properly anymore.
>>
>> While we try to figure out what is the cause of this we suggest a quick
>> fix,
>> open your GeoNode settings  (/etc/geonode/local_settings.py for a
>> standard apt-get installation) and comment the following lines like we
>> already did on master
>>
>> https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/commit/f2707e64e78931b31a06016a3e04f1ba76021b66 then
>> restart the web server.
>>
>> We appreciate any comment and feedback.