[GeoNode-devel] bing api request denied

Matteo Nastasi nastasi at openquake.org
Wed Oct 14 07:07:32 PDT 2015

On 10/07/2015 03:41 PM, Simone Dalmasso wrote:
> Dears,
>
> from yesterday the bing maps api that are used by default in every
> GeoNode map are not working anymore due to a request denied. The
> effect is that every map in GeoNode cannot be zoomed properly anymore.
>
> While we try to figure out what is the cause of this we suggest a
> quick fix,
> open your GeoNode settings  (/etc/geonode/local_settings.py for a
> standard apt-get installation) and comment the following lines like we
> already did on master
> https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/commit/f2707e64e78931b31a06016a3e04f1ba76021b66 then
> restart the web server.
>
> We appreciate any comment and feedback.

Hi all,

IF you are running geonode 2.0.1 AND you have a bing-key AND your
database is PostgreSQL THEN
   you can fix your geonode installation AND your old maps modifying
   your local_settings.py file accordingly with:

vvvv

     [...]
BING_KEY = {
     'bing_key': (
         '<your_bing_key>'
     ),
}

     [...]

MAP_BASELAYERS = [{

     [...]

  }, {
     "source": {"ptype": "gxp_bingsource",
                "apiKey": "<your_bing_key>"},
     "name": "AerialWithLabels",
     "fixed": True,
     "visibility": False,
     "group":"background"
   },{
     [...]
^^^^

And running this SQL command:
vvvv

UPDATE maps_maplayer SET source_params = regexp_replace(source_params, '"ptype": "gxp_bingsource"',
     '"apiKey": "<your_bing_key>", "ptype": "gxp_bingsource"')
     WHERE  name = 'AerialWithLabels' AND source_params NOT LIKE '%"apiKey":%';

^^^^
Substituting each occurrence of <your_bing_key> with your own bing-key.

Regards, Daniele and Matteo.